Advance your career as a caregiver at Devoted Caregivers San Diego
CAREGIVERS Job Description:
Reporting to the Staffing Assistant/Owner, caregivers provide a variety of non-medical professional caregiving services to clients including, but not limited to, companionship, personal care, assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) and light housekeeping.
Caregivers work varied hours depending on agency need and availability.
- Review client care plans and provide a variety of types of assistance as indicated.
- Document assistance provided via note writing.
- Provide companionship and supervision to clients with a variety of disabilities, illnesses, disease conditions and needs.
- Assist clients with a variety of personal care tasks such as bathing, grooming and dressing.
- Assist clients with toileting and incontinence care as needed.
- Assist clients with transferring (i.e. bed to chair) and walking ambulation as needed.
- Provide socialization and stimulating activities for clients appropriate to their level of cognition and need.
- Prepare meals for clients and assist with feeding as needed.
- Provide medication reminders as appropriate/needed.
- If indicated and approved, accompany and/or transport clients to appointments/errands.
- Perform a variety of light housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes, light cleaning of bathrooms, laundry and making beds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One year of experience providing in-home or facility care to individuals with disabilities and/or elderly individuals.
- Experience providing and ability to provide assistance with (ADLs), including incontinence care.
- Experience working with adults with cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s disease highly
- Willingness to work with adults with a variety of disabilities and illnesses.
Ability to lift, push and pull up to 40lbs unassisted.
- Ability to pass background check.
- Ability to understand and follow written care plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with a variety of constituents including clients, family members, community members and Devoted Caregivers, Inc. staff members.
- Ability to clearly write progress notes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a safe, reliable vehicle for use on the job.
- Ability to professionally represent Devoted Caregivers, Inc. to clients and the public.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client information encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to foster and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Devoted Caregivers, Inc. staff.
Full-time, Part-time, Weekends
$13.25 – $15.25 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
We Provide with all PEE necessary
Apply Now Using The Form Below
About Devoted Caregivers San Diego In-Home Senior Services
Our Devoted Caregivers’ mission is to offer home care options to the senior community, by creating an environment to protect our client’s independence and quality of life.
Trustworthy and reliable, we are proud to be the top Home Care Agency in San Diego. Our client families receive only the best home care services that meet their needs as they handle chronic illnesses, acute injury or illness, or end of life care. We take care of the whole family, serving those who are overwhelmed with the burden of caregiving, especially with needs that are beyond their ability. We are devoted to taking care of everything at home where you feel most comfortable, and going the extra mile to give you get the best care.
We make it possible for elders to age safely age, regularly socialize, and independently live. Each of our Devoted Caregivers on the team offer our services with care, intentionality, genuine concern, and cheerfulness. Each of our clients are part of our Devoted family and we consider it a special honor to serve each of them.
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the team as a Devoted Caregiver! We look forward to having further conversations about employment opportunities with you. To start the process of becoming a Devoted Caregiver, please fill out the form above.
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to call us at (619) 393-8093.